LAST UPDATE: January 1, 2021
1. DATA COLLECTION OF USER DATA & INFORMATION
When you use or register with JBA and our websites, including JBAi.com and JBA.com, we may collect certain information that identifies you as an individual and visitor to our websites, or which associates you to an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”). The categories of data and Personal Information we may collect are unique. With respect to this data and visitor information when visiting our websites, we may collect the following categories of information through your internet browser and / or directly when you visit a JBA website:
- Identifiers when you download certain information, articles and information, in which case you will need to provide your first and last name, e-mail address, your employer and company, and possibly your mobile or home phone number
- Professional information if you wish to inquire about JBA services or download certain articles and reports like our industry recruiting and staffing guides, in which case you will need to provide your job title and employer data
With respect to job applicants and employment Candidates, we collect the following data and information:
- Identifiers, such as your name and contact details (e-mail address, mailing or physical address (home or office) and phone / mobile number), and any login username or ID or e-mail address and password you created when you registered for a JBA website account
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your job search criteria and preferences, your availability to work, your employment experience, educational history, your skills, reference information, background check information, pay and compensation expectations, ability to work in the United States, languages spoken, and other information contained in your resume
- Emergency contact information consisting of full name and phone number
- Information protected against security breaches such as bank information if you work with us and elect to be paid via direct deposit consisting of bank account numbers and direct deposit information
With respect to Customers, we collect the following data and Personal Information from you or from our service providers such as job boards:
- Identifiers including your name, business phone number, and work e-mail
- Professional or employment-related information such as your company name, department, and job title
- Information protected against security breaches such as bank and payment information if we render services to you, depending on how you elect to pay for services rendered
With respect to vendors and independent contractors, we collect the following data and Personal Information from you or JBA’s business contacts who may wish to recommend you:
- Identifiers such as your name, business phone number, and work e-mail
- Professional or employment-related information such as your company name, department, and job title
- Information protected against security breaches such s bank account information, so we can pay you for providing productsor services to JBA
With respect to marketing recipients and prospective customers, we collect the following data and Personal Information from you, from our service providers like job boards, or from information that is publicly available on the internet:
- Identifiers like your name, business phone number, and work e-mail
- Professional or employment-related information like your company name, department, and job title
By providing your mobile phone number to us, you opt-in and consent to receive text messages from JBA, which may include but is not limited to text messages sent through an automatic telephone dialing system. Consent to receive marketing text messages is not required as a condition of working with JBA. If you do not wish to receive marketing text messages, you may opt-out of JBA text messages at any time.
2. USE OF PERSONAL DATA & INFORMATION
We specify below the reasons and commercial purposes for which we collect Personal Information. We use visitor data and Personal Information to provide you with information regarding employment opportunities and career-related information, to manage our relationship with you, to develop and carry out marketing activities, and to otherwise provide you with requested information or services. We may from time-to-time use your Personal Information to send you automated e-mail messages, text messages (text message and data rates may apply), or marketing materials regarding our services, including employment information. We may also use Personal Information for business administration purposes, like data analysis, audits, protecting our websites and improving our services.
In addition to the above purposes, Personal Information is described in the section below.
3. NO SALES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
At JBA, it is our policy protect the data and Personal Information of every Customer, Candidate, Employee and Partner. JBA has not nor does not sell any Personal Information.
4. DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES
For business management and commercial purposes, JBA may disclose to third parties the following data and Personal Information:
- Identifiers like your name and e-mail address
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or Federal law like gender
- Information protected against security breaches like your direct deposit or bank account information so that workers can be paid and Customers can pay JBA.
- Geolocation data
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information
JBA may disclose such Personal Information to the following categories of third parties for the purpose of improve our services and the JBA experience:
- Service Providers: We may share Personal Information with our third-party service providers who perform business management functions and services on our behalf like the provider of JBA’s Customers relationship management solution.
- Customers and Prospective Customers. Customers and prospective Customers may request professional and employment-related information for purposes of evaluating a Candidate’s credentials, skills and experience. Customers may also need to approve and process timesheet information for Candidates.
- Candidates: We may share Personal Information of our Customers or prospective Customers to Candidates like when a Candidate may know information about whom to contact when going on an interview or an assignment with a Customer or prospective Customer.
- As required or appropriated by law: We may disclose Personal Information to regulatory authorities, government authorities or courts to comply with applicable laws, the service of legal process, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) to comply with the law requiring such disclosure; (b) to protect the rights or property of JBA or its affiliates; (c) to prevent a crime or protect U.S. national security; or (d) to protect the personal safety of the JBA employtees or the public.
- Business transfers: We also may disclose or transfer information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business management, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Subsidiaries & Affiliates: JBA operates sister ventures and businesses. JBA may share Customer data with our subsidiaries or affiliates for business management purposes of allowing them to propose a managed business management service offering that would bring together consulting expertise with JBA’s highly skilled specialized staffing resources to address a Customer’s business management needs.
5. COLLECTION AND USE OF OTHER INFORMATION
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. We may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, like your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, date, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that our websites function properly.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of JBA website visitors and e-mail recipients, market our services to you, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about JBA websites and response rates.
- IP address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses our websites, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes like calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering our websites. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address.
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for business management purposes.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies cannot spread viruses or harm your computer. With respect to how long a cookie stays on your computer or mobile device, some cookies are session cookies that expire once you close your browser while others are persistent cookies which stay on your device until you delete them or they expire.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Cookies are necessary for our websites to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, like setting your privacy preferences, and logging in or filling our forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of our websites will not work well, or may be broken. These cookies do not store any Personal Information and are meant to enhance the JBA website visitation experience.
Cookie Retention Period
Cookies associated with our websites that use CloudFlare and intended to speed up page load times. According to CloudFlare, it is used to override any security restrictions based on the IP address the visitor is coming from. It does not contain any user identification information.
Performance cookies allow JBA to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our websites. They help JBA to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around our websites. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor website performance.
Other similar technology we use includes web beacons that are used on some of our website pages and in e-mails we send. They allow JBA to count users who visit web pages. Web beacons collect limited information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. We may also carry web beacons placed by third party advertisers. We also use web beacons or similar technology to learn whether or not e-mails sent to users have been opened. Web beacons are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular marketing campaign. Web beacons do not store any Personal Information.
Advertising and Social Cookies
These cookies may be set through our websites by our advertising partners. These cookies collect Personal Information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. Personal Information and data stored by these cookies are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. We also use social media cookies to allow you to share our content on social networking sites through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest and other social network platforms. Disabling these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
If you would like more information about opting-out of this advertising in desktop and mobile browsers on the particular device on which you are accessing this Policy or this type of advertising, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and / or http://www.aboutads.info/ to learn more.
7. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or service to which our websites link.
JBA uses reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with JBA is no longer secure, please contact JBA immediately.
9. RECEIVING E-MAIL FROM JBA
If you no longer wish to receive marketing-related e-mails from JBA, you may opt-out by using the “Unsubscribe” mechanism and link contained in each such e-mail. You may also unsubscribe by calling or e-mailing JBA at the contact below:
10. SMS / TEXT TERMS
If you no longer wish to receive marketing-related texts from JBA, you may opt-out by texting “STOP” to JBA at any time. You may text “HELP” to JBA or call (626) 844-1400 for assistance.
11. USE OF SITES BY MINORS
Our websites are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18. If you are a resident of California, under 18 and a registered user of our websites, you may ask JBA to remove content or information that you have posted to our websites by writing to email@example.com. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
12. NEVADA RESIDENTS
We do not sell personal information. Nevada residents may e-mail questions regarding our practices relating to personal information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES
Our website are controlled and operated by JBA from the United States and is not intended to subject JBA to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.
14. ACCESS OR DELETION REQUESTS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, you have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other applicable laws and regulations, to request that JBA disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. You will not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights under the CCPA. If you would like to exercise your rights to make an information access request or a deletion request, please contact JBA. In order to verify your request, you will need to provide your legal name, first and last, e-mail address you use to correspond with JBA, your relationship with JBA, and the state you currently reside in. Also, you will need to verify your e-mail address by clicking on a confirm e-mail address button or link in the e-mail we will send you.
If you authorize an agent to make an access or deletion request on your behalf, please have the authorized agent call JBA at (626) 844-1400 and we will verify the authorization before processing the request. The authorized agent will need to submit documentation evidencing your authorization of this agent to make such a request and the authorized agent will need to verify their identity with JBA.
15. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or complaints about JBA terms and policies, or if you would like to update any personal information you have provided to JBA, please contact us as listed below:
JBA International, Inc.
RE: Legal / Polcies
1192 North Lake Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91104 USA
Please note that e-mail communications will not always be secure. Consequently, it is advised not to send credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with JBA.