Analyze and evaluate residential mortgage loan applications and supporting documentation to assess a client’s creditworthiness for FNMA, FHMLC, FHA, VA, USDA and Jumbo residential first mortgages. Recommend approval or denial of mortgage credit applications in compliance with company and investor guidelines and generate written documentation to support the lending decision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Underwrites residential mortgage loans in accordance with FNMA, FHMLC, FHA, non-agency, Jumbo and internal guidelines ensuring compliance with company and investor standards using Encompass 360.
- Run, review and interpret AUS data to ensure compliance with agencies AUS guidelines.
- Review and analyze borrower profiles, credit reports (including supporting documentation), income documentation, asset documentation and title reports. Has thorough knowledge of complex personal and business financial analysis and expertise in tax return and balance sheet analysis.
- Ensure documentation is appropriate to support credit decision.
- Ability to properly assess and respond to fraud indicators.
- Analyze property appraisals for accurate property valuation for conventional FHA loans.
- Issue timely loan approvals or adverse action notifications.
- Provide proactive communication to Loan Officers, Processors, and internal business partners involved in the loan transaction.
- Meet business goals as established by management.
- Mentor Mortgage Underwriters, Processors and other members of the team.
- Desire to develop and employ talents to make an impact during a long-term career.
- Minimum of 5 years mortgage underwriting experience and active within last 12 months.
- DE-CHUMS ID, VA-LAPP or USDA-GUS experience required, all combination of the three preferred.
- Must have extensive knowledge of state and federal residential lending regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to influence through collaboration.
- Self-motivated, high level of personal energy and commitment.
- Customer experience focused: empathetic, caring and driven to resolve client and team member issues and concerns
- Possess exceptional organizational, problem solving and communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, take on new responsibilities and prioritize work in a deadline intensive environment
- Experience with Encompass 360 preferred.
- Base pay range: $45.67 – $53.85
- Quarterly Bonus: Discretionary based upon personal and operation performance
- Permanent Remote Positions
- Robust Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays